Letter from EUME Regional Presidents and National Directors,
Michael & Fumiko Balcomb – 19th July 2022
Members in the UK are invited to send Seonghwa donations via your local community – please contact your pastor if you have any questions. The donation amount in GBP is £175 for families and £100 for individuals.
Greetings from a very hot London. In fact, the hottest day ever recorded in the history of the United Kingdom!
The spiritual atmosphere is also heating up. We are now almost halfway through the special 40 day devotional condition in preparation for the 10th Anniversary of True Father’s Seonghwa Anniversary. When it began, we could not have imagined the recent events which have again thrust our movement into the media headlines. Despite all this, we are moving forward. Next week from 26-28th July, we will have the grand Peace Road 2022 in Berlin, which is itself an official part of the International Seonghwa celebrations. Many of you are planning to come to Berlin – and there is still time to register. All are welcome!
May we remind you that each of our families are invited to make a special Seonghwa donation in the remaining days of this 40-day period; as in previous years, we are all invited to participate in this proud tradition. For the wealthier nations of Europe, the recommended amount is $210 for families and $120 for individuals. There are other rates for nations with smaller economies – your national HQ has details. Of course, donations of every size, larger and smaller, are gratefully accepted. We prefer that these donations be made directly through your local church and community, although it is possible to donate directly to the EUME HQ.
We have to report on the progress of this donation drive every week, and frankly speaking we are off to a bit of a slow start. Although the final deadline is 31st August, it is our hope that we can meet our goal by the time of the Seonghwa itself on 14th August. If you and your family have already made this offering, thank you! But most of our families have not done so yet. Please would you make a special effort to complete this condition, if possible, by the end of July and at latest by 10th August so that we can report a successful result?
There are several additional ways to contribute during these 40 days. There will be a separate memo about each of these opportunities, which include—
- A fine arts competition (deadline for submissions is 31st July) with cash prizes – SEE BELOW
- For adults in five categories (Photo, painting, songs, poetry and written testimony)
- For children in two categories (Painting and poetry)
- Submitting a written testimony on the theme “Let’s Meet True Father” on such topics as:
- A personal experience with True Parents (real world, or a vivid spiritual encounter)
- A witnessing or outreach or educational experience during the 40 days
- An experience on reaching out to members who are now distanced or dormant
- Taking part in the local Seonghwa Anniversary observances to be held on 13th or 14th August, bringing friends, family or neighbours
Thank you for your prayers and support.
Michael & Fumiko Balcomb
Regional President, Heavenly Europe & the Middle East
Fine Arts Contest
Please send your entries to email@example.com by 28th July 2022 at the very latest.